When Gynecologic Surgery is Necessary for Your Health and Wellness
Sometimes the only way or the best way to correct a gynecologic problem is with surgery. The doctors at Georgia Center for Female Health are experienced, skilled surgeons that specialize in minimally invasive gynecology and treating a vast array of female health issues.
Minimally Invasive Gynecology Surgery
- Myomectomy – Myomectomy removes uterine fibroids, the noncancerous growths that can appear during childbearing years. Our goal is to remove the fibroids and reconstruct the uterus. Myomectomy surgery removes the fibroids but leaves the uterus intact. Patients report improvement in symptoms such as heavy menstrual bleeding and pelvic pressure.
- Abnormal menstrual bleeding – Most females experience menstruation problems at some time in their lives. Menstrual irregularities, painful periods, heavy periods, absent periods or premenstrual syndrome (PMS) are especially common among teens. Our doctors may recommend myomectomy to help relieve symptoms so you can have more comfortable periods.
- Uterine fibroids – Common usually noncancerous tumors that grow in or on the uterus. They may or may not cause symptoms, such as pain or heavy periods, depending on their size and location. Bothersome fibroids are treated with medications or surgery. We use da Vinci, state-of-the-art robotic technology.
- Polycystic ovary disease – A common hormonal disorder that can cause infertility, excess hair growth and heavy, irregular or absent periods. There are several different medication treatments to help females with polycystic ovary disease.
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy – May be recommended to treat cancer or uterine conditions that do not respond to other treatments. Laparoscopic hysterectomy is a minimally invasive surgical procedure that removes part or all of the uterus. There are several methods for performing hysterectomy, but laparoscopic hysterectomy has become the preferred method.
- da Vinci Robotics – This state-of-the-art robotic technology is used in surgical proceedures for hysterectomy’s, myomectomy’s and ovarian procedures.